Are you using the Saphe Link 2 app to connect to your Saphe device? Then it's time to say goodbye to it, and hello to Saphe Link.
Basically, the two apps are the same, but we've always wanted one app to connect all of our devices, and now we're ready to do this, so we'll close down for Saphe Link 2. Here's how to how to deal with this, and how to resolve any issues that may arise.
First uninstall Saphe Link 2
Usually when you delete an app, information may be left from the app, which will be available again if the app is reinstalled later. To ensure that this information is also removed, the app should be removed in a slightly special way.
If you have an Android phone, then find the app in your phone's settings:
- Go to Settings > 'Apps' > Saphe Link 2 (the app)
- Apps can also be called 'Apps and notifications', 'Applications' and so on.
- First, force the app to stop by pressing the 'Force stop' button
- The button can also be called 'Force close', 'Forced stop' and so on.
- Go to storage/memory
- Here you click "Clear data"
- When this is done, you go one step back
- Click on "Uninstall"
- Once the app is uninstalled, you restart your phone
On iPhone, do the following
- Go to Settings > General > iPhone storage
- Find and tap the Saphe Link 2 (app)
- Press"Delete app"
- Restart Phone - Restart iPhone
Install the Saphe Link app
This article describes where and how to install Saphe Link. It also has links to each of our products and how to connect to them: Download and install the Saphe Link app
Problems connecting with the new app?
Some may experience problems connecting for the first time, so here are some tips on how to fix this:
- Make sure the old app is uninstalled and thus cannot connect to your Saphe
- You can skip to the last section of this article: I can't connect to my Saphe
Still having trouble after this? Contact support