Usually when you delete an app, information may be left from the app, which will be available again if the app is reinstalled later. To ensure that this information is also removed, the app needs to be removed in a slightly special way.
If you have an Android phone, find the app in the settings of your phone:
- Go to Settings > 'Apps' > Saphe Link (the app)
- It may be called something slightly different depending on the phone you use e.g. programs, apps and notificaitons etc.
- First, force the app to stop by pressing the 'Force stop' button
- It could be called 'Force close' or something similar
- Go into storage / memory
- Again, it may be called something different, but the path there is the same on most Android phones
- Click on "Clear data"
- When this is done, you go back
- Click on "Uninstall"
- Once the app is uninstalled, you restart your phone
- Re-install the app and open it
- When you are ready to connect to your Saphe, it should now be able to connect, moving to the "Paired Devices" list (app > menu > Devices) and there will be a "Connected" label beneath the device
On iPhone you should do the following:
- Go to Settings > General > iPhone storage
- Find and tap the Saphe Link (app)
- Touch "Delete app"
- Restart Phone - Restart iPhone
- Re-install the app